Ramada Hotel Now Open
23rd September 2016
Queenstown’s new four-star Ramada Hotel & Suites has opened in Remarkables Park offering 72-beds of accommodation along with nine retail shops and cafes.
“It’s very rewarding to see Queenstown’s first new hotel in many years open here at Remarkables Park – marking an intensive period of activity for us as we deliver the next phase of our development,” said Alastair Porter, Chief Executive of Remarkables Park Limited.
Porter says there are seven other projects underway at Remarkables Park:
1. The region’s new high school is in its fourth month of construction and due to open in January 2018 to replace Queenstown’s existing High School on Fryer Street.
2. Remarkables House, a state-of-the-art office building comprising four floors with up to 19 business, retail and restaurant tenancies, opening in December 2016 and leasing now..
3. Stage Two of a 25,000sq m entertainment precinct opening from late June 2016 to house a series of activities including PowderPak indoor dryslope terrain park, SITE Trampoline, Jiu Jitsu, karate and gym, Chipmunks children’s playland and café, and golf simulators.
These activities join the Game Over go karting and laser tag facility..
4. Development of a new mixed-use ‘Market Street’ which is anchored by the Ramada Hotel to the north and intended to be a destination precinct featuring boutique shopping, cafés, restaurants, hotels and offices. It will be anchored to the south by Remarkables Place, the location of the new future Queenstown Gondola to The Remarkables..
5. Repair of a slip on the lower section of the popular Twin Rivers Queenstown Trail – to be completed before the third Air New Zealand Queenstown International Marathon on November 19.
6. Installation of a major new sewer main to the north east of the development which anticipates extensive future development..
7. Sixteen new residential Alta Apartments on Cherry Blossom Avenue scheduled to be ready for occupancy in July 2016
Remarkables Park’s 150-hectare master-planned resort and Town Centre development is Queenstown’s largest centre outside the CBD.”It already attracts around 3.5 million visitors each year to shop, work, study, play and live,” Porter says.
“Our master plan vision has always been to provide a local, regional and visitor destination. In the next two years we will have a very strong focus on the development of tourism facilities and activities in conjunction with the expansion of Remarkables Park Town Centre, which will ultimately more than double its current size.”
Remarkables Park is also zoned to provide Queenstown’s largest greenfield hotel location with provision for multiple hotel developments both within the Town Centre, and at sites with views of the Kawarau River and Remarkables mountains.
Developments soon to start include a new multi-million dollar hotel of 98-beds for the Wyndham group, with construction set to begin in March 2017 by Safari Group. Immediately adjacent to the hotel, work will commence at the same time on a separate building housing 55 residential apartments.
The Remarkables Park team is also currently working on a resource consent application for its 10km scenic gondola linking Queenstown’s Remarkables Park to Queenstown Park Station and The Remarkables ski field.
“More accommodation developments are in the pipeline including hotels, multi-storey apartment buildings, tall terrace house developments and mixed-use tertiary student accommodation,” Porter says.
For more view: